- Application fee of $90 (the application fee for Autumn 2023 Entry has been waived)
- GRE not required
- Proof of English Proficiency (details here)
- 1,500-word candidate statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate transcripts (unofficial copies accepted at time of application)
- Round 1 deadline of January 10, 2023
- Round 2 deadline of March 1, 2023
- Round 3 deadline of May 1, 2023
Application Fee Waivers
All applicants meeting the following criteria and providing appropriate supporting documentation will be considered for a fee waiver:
- Past/current participants with the Peace Corps, Teach for America, U.S. military veterans and personnel, and alumni of a variety of academic preparatory and service programs, as detailed in the application instructions.
- Applicants meeting eligibility requirements may also qualify through Big Ten Academic Alliance. BTAA FreeApp recipients must then follow emailed instructions from UChicagoGrad Admissions.
Applicants for admission can request a fee waiver by completing the fee waiver form found on the instructions page of the application for admission. The waiver form requires a concise and complete reason for the request. Current UChicago students seeking a waiver must provide their current student ID number.
Application Hardship Request Policy
Applicants for whom a recent disaster or other, major widespread disruption (such as COVID-19) has impacted their ability to complete their application should view the University Hardship Request policy and if necessary submit a formal request. Further instructions and a link to the request form can be found on the instructions page of the application for admission.