Master of Engineering

Financial Aid & Scholarships

Educational costs include more than required tuition and fees. Tuition and fee information is available on the Bursar’s office website. For the full cost of attendance, please visit the Office of Graduate Financial Aid website.

How do I get financial aid for the Master of Engineering?

Students can learn more about financial aid and funding education from the Office of Graduate Financial Aid.

U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens may also apply for U.S. federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA and loan applications can be completed on the Federal Student Aid website. If you have questions Graduate Aid can be reached at, 773.702.6061, and in Walker 101.

Non-U.S. citizens can view resources for international student funding compiled by the University of Chicago’s Office of International Affairs.

Are scholarships available for the Master of Engineering program?

All applicants to the Master of Engineering program are automatically considered for scholarship funding. No separate application is necessary. Partial tuition scholarships are available and are usually awarded at the time of admission.

Students must be nominated for the scholarship by PME faculty.