- Application fee of $90
- GRE not required
- TOEFL scores for international applicants
- IELTS scores for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1,000-word candidate statement
- Admissions committees are particularly interested in the candidate statement. Please be as specific as possible in discussing your academic objectives and career interests and how they fit this program. The statement should be a concise, sharply focused and well-crafted essay. There is a 1,000 word limit for the statement.
- Undergraduate transcripts (unofficial copies accepted at time of application)
- Round 1 deadline of January 10, 2022
- Round 2 deadline of March 1, 2022
Application Fee Waivers
All applicants meeting the following criteria and providing appropriate supporting documentation will be considered for a fee waiver:
- Past/current participants with the Peace Corps, Teach for America, U.S. military veterans and personnel, and alumni of a variety of academic preparatory and service programs, as detailed in the application instructions.
- Applicants meeting eligibility requirements may also qualify through Big Ten Academic Alliance. BTAA FreeApp recipients must then follow emailed instructions from UChicagoGrad Admissions.
Applicants for admission can request a fee waiver by completing the fee waiver form found on the instructions page of the application for admission. The waiver form requires a concise and complete reason for the request. Current UChicago students seeking a waiver must provide their current student ID number.
Application Hardship Request Policy
Applicants for whom a recent disaster or other, major widespread disruption (such as COVID-19) has impacted their ability to complete their application should view the University Hardship Request policy and if necessary submit a formal request. Further instructions and a link to the request form can be found on the instructions page of the application for admission.